Hawaii's Most Popular Hand Painted Clothing & Resort Wear Since 1986 | 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
2012 Hawaiian Batik Fabric Collection
Hover over a swatch to see a larger version. Click a swatch to select it.
Tropical Tantrum is famous for our beautiful color combinations and quality fabrics. Our color combinations are unique and many satisfied customers will attest to the durability and craftsmanship of our long lasting fabrics. Our beautiful hand-painted fabrics are of one of a kind and the method to paint the fabric is known as a process called batik. The batik process is very involved and many steps are taken to complete the process correctly. The process begins with our selection of the finest quality of rayon to ensure the hand-painted process.
- A Brief History of Batik
- Although experts disagree as to the precise origins of batik, samples of dye resistance patterns on cloth can be traced back 1,500 years ago to Egypt and the Middle East. Samples have also been found in Turkey, India, China, Japan and West Africa from past centuries. Although in these countries people were using the technique of dye resisting decoration, within the textile realm, none have developed batik to its present day art form as the highly developed intricate batik found on in Indonesia.
- Selection and Preparation of the Cloth
- Natural materials such as cotton, silk, and rayon are used for the cloth, so that it can absorb the wax that is applied in the dye resisting process. The fabrics must be of a high thread count (densely woven). It is important that cloth of high quality have this high thread count so that the intricate design qualities of batik can be maintained
Simplicity best describes our instructions for garment care. Below are the instructions which guarantee the longevity of your Tropical Tantrum garment. The technique below will perverse your beautiful color combinations and look new ever time. Many of Tropical Tantrum's customers will attest to the long life these garments with proper care.
Alterative care instructions include dry cleaning, machine wash in gentle cycle, cold water, line dry.
- Hand wash in cold water
- Roll in a towel to remove excess water
- Line dry
- Lightly iron making the garment soft & smooth
Tropical Tantrumís Beautiful Hand-Painted Fabrics Are Available by the Yard.
Tropical Tantrum’s Exclusive Hand Painted Fabrics
Physical Yard Dimensions 36 inches by 36 inches
Available in Custom Lengths
100 % Natural Rayon (Tropical Tantrum’s Famous Collection)
Batik Fabric Ė Over 90 Hawaiian Fabric Prints Batik Style
Create your own tropical clothing, blankets and more with batik fabric by the yard in over 90 + Hawaiian fabric prints.
Each tropical pattern is created using the traditional hand painted batik style giving you the most vibrant colors that last longer. All of your projects will stand out when using the highest quality batik fabrics available here at Tropical Tantrum.
Try our Hawaiian batik fabrics risk free with a 100% money back guarantee and free shipping on orders over $100.
Let your creative juices flow to make shirts, dresses, pillow cases, blankets, napkins and more. Perfect for one of a kind gifts, tropical weddings, resort vacations and cruises.